Okay, hold it together, Chekov.Je m'appelle Hannah. I tend to reblog a lot of shows, music and actors. Check out this post.
so i thought that when i got a cool freshman roomie last year and i just ended up giving her advice whenever i could and she threw green tea at me whenever i had a cold. she might also be a totally awful person. roomies are a gamble.
i already gave her like 18000 tips last night when we started talking so i have a feeling this is how it’s gonna go
idk i’m probably gonna have to step up my cool game tho
i also have another sophomore roommate from hawaii so this is going to be interesting
stop taking bucky’s metal arm away
stop taking charles’ wheelchair away
stop taking clint’s hearing aids away
disabled superheroes are important stop sucking please
I read this wrong and I was just picturing them all confused as to who keeps taking their stuff.
"Steve have you seen my arm anywhere?"
"Nope, sorry Bucky. By the way, have you seen Clint’s hearing aids? He hasn’t been able to hear a damn thing all day"
tips for life: never go to a CVS for crap if you can get it at a grocery store because whatever you’re looking for is there and is probably 75% of the price there
tips 4 college:
- u got a problem with ur roommate tell them as soon as it becomes apparent
- never buy an actual textbook. find it online, download it, but don’t buy the hard copy. buy the kindle version. you won’t ever read the hard copy (unless it’s a literature intensive class ok)
- join a fuckin club or talk to the people in your smaller classes they’re alright people or else you’ll be stuck w/ no friends like me
- try to wake up before your roommate(s). it’s better this way
- but go to bed at the same-ish time.
- remember to take showers dear god
- the sooner you do that goddamned paper the less stressed about shit you will be
- go to lecture. don’t go if they post verbatim powerpoints online. sleep instead.
- your teachers give zero fucks if you walk into a lecture 20 minutes late. they do care if you’re doing that in an independent or a discussion.
- triples aren’t really that bad.
- you won’t ever use that free shit they give you during the first week of school. get the t-shirts and voilà, pajamas.
- be prepared to realize that you will see your roommate(s) naked and they will see you naked and that’s alright. they literally don’t give a fuck and neither will you
- the people on your floor have probably seen you naked too (if you have communal bathrooms)
- foreign people are everywhere. you never knew how much internalized racism you have until college. get over yourself and take an anthropology class.
- have a good computer. avoid putting liquids near it. back up your hard drive frequently
- never leave the dorm for a fire alarm unless people are running. then run.
- everybody poops
- but don’t take the motherfucking middle stall
- facebook is a shitty way of meeting people in college
- you’re gonna be depressed if you’re anything like me. call a parent or a friend every once in a while.
- don’t go out to eat every night. the dorm food isn’t all that bad (avoid healthy food nights like the plague, though), and some local businesses may even take your school’s dining dollars or w/e.
- as long as you pass, you’re okay. better grades are great, but don’t make yourself ill about it.
- speaking of illness, for the love of god, if you are sick with y. pestis, don’t go to class. email the prof and they’ll help u out
- pick a language relevant to your major. it’s most likely spanish, but some majors like other romances, german, or arabic. chinese, korean, japanese, hebrew, and african languages are neat, but niche.
- buy a fan and a mattress pad. u won’t regret anything
My dad just said: at your age you’ll probably wanna try a lot of things. Boys, girls, being a girl, being a boy, being punk or goth or spunky. And im okay with that. As long as you don’t come home and tell me youre a republican
parents who care
so i’m definitely roommates with a freshman and she’s definitely cooler than me
today my little brother (hes six) put a seashell to his ear and told me the ocean said im a nerd